Friday, 7 September 2007

Today morning, my team was suppose to prepare some stuff to display to some people of higher authority for some kind of inspection/dry-run before actual thing starts and so, we came at 7.45am as we were informed that it will start at 9am. Reach workplace, change our clothes, eat breakfast and start to set-up all the things needed. By the time our set-up is finished, I think the time was about 8.45am. So, we start to wait for the vetting to start.

As we were waiting, we received info that that VIP is going to be late. So we relax first as some of us were getting tense up (I think). In the meanwhile, one of my colleagues started to comment on punctuality. So far the only words that I still remember now is this:

"When bigshots are late, it means they are busy. When men are late, it means they are lazy."

Another version I can think of is to replace 'bigshots' and 'men' with 'teachers' and 'students' respectively.

It seems to be true for the first part of the quote I guess. But for the second part of the quote, I think it's applicable to some situations. But I think it's still IMPORTANT to be punctual regardless of who you are. I think if VIP are late, the others may have the feeling of that this person is trying to put on air( 摆架子 ).

When mentioning punctuality, I still remember how terrible I was. Late for school, late for classes and sometimes even late for exams including major ones. But luckily I still manage to get my exams results and graduate from my alma mater. Overall I think studying is still the best, a lot of holidays to enjoy, rest, relax and of course revision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home