Sunday, 2 December 2007

Hmm...today I finally completed my first full marathon(Tag No. 6742). Although the timing was quite bad but at least I managed to complete it within 8 hours. But the price for it was quite heavy (beside the monetary price).

The results of that run was really a very memorable one as I can honestly say for now that if anyone wants to try, please PLEASE PLEASE TRAIN...if not you will find yourself walking alot during the race, especially when most people starts to have cramps and muscle pain in the middle of the race (eg. around 20+km).

I started to have cramps around 23-24km mark and it was hurting. So much so as to the point that I can even feel the pain when I try to walk fast. Besides that, I had a fall around the 4km mark due to the stupid cone blocking my way and I never saw it coming.. But nevermind, it really doesn't affect me as much as the cramps. The cramps were really the painful ones that make me walk for the remaining journey..

I think next time before I try long distance running maybe I should start thinking of the consequences. Especially 42.195km as it really shows the power of long dstance running that 10km and 21km never offered me. The cramps, blisters, throat dryness( as in there is no saliva when i was swallowing) and lip dryness all occured to me only on the full marathon itself.

Overall, I find it quite worthwhile, especially seeing the medal and most importantly the FINISHER SHIRT!!!!. Maybe I should start considering whether to run or not for next year...One word that I can describe for today's event for me is HELL...42.195km of HELL... LOL...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home