Saturday, 5 January 2008

Today I attended my cousin's wedding. It lasted the whole day. It consist from 'how the groom manage to get his way into the house where the bride sets off' to the wedding dinner/banquet.

Very memorable experience for me. First time seeing how 'fun and tiring' a wedding can be! The 姐妹团 keep making 'fun' of the groom lah, 'extorting' things from him lah or even maybe make him do things like singing etc etc. But nevertheless he manage to get in to see the bride. All of that was recorded in video and photos.

After that was the tea ceremony. The couples begin to offer tea in exchange for blessing from their relatives and parents. In the process, photo was taken. Always must pose before the tea is drank. LOL. Ya, alot of elders to offer tea to. From my grandma to even my younger cousins ( I was involved too ) are involved in this ceremony.

All of that was done in the morning since 11am till about afternoon 12pm. Then, we set off to another location where the solemnisation takes place. With my sis, my another cousin and I, we take my another cousin's transport ( I have alot of cousins..from my father's side I already have about 11...) and on the way we bought 1 packet of jasmine that can emit very pleasant smell for decoration purposes. Of course, there are other purposes for it too.

Due to arriving at the destination late, I was able to witness them signing the papers and not the exchanging of rings. I also witness the announcing of the newly wed couples. After that was a short break before we enter in again for a sharing session.By then, my parents and the rest of the family have arrived for the sharing session.

As for the sharing session, it lasted for about 2 hours. It consist of some sing-along sessions, some sharing/giving testimonial to the couples by people(including their parents) and of course, the experiences by the couple themselves eg. how they met...

Ya, during the session, there were alot of 'praises for the LORD' and 'ahmen' as most of the people attending are christians. I, not a christian, just listen and see what they do. But the sharing part is very good. Alot of things are shared by people from their own experience regarding their views on love and marriage. Alot of quotes from the bible too.

When the session ends, dinner begins. It was a buffet dinner so we had to depend ourselves to get our food. Sushi, spaghetti and cheesecakes were some of the food up for grabs. I had a very fulfilling dinner and I reach home after that.

Overall, I finally can imagine abit what will it be like when wedding is held. The ceremonies, the dinner, venue, people, things they do....blah blah blah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home